Brooklyn-based digital human, leading growth marketing for Glitch 🎏, a code editor and community where everyone can build the web.
Before that, I led teams at the ACLU, Precision Strategies, and President Barack Obama's Office of Digital Strategy where I led product for the We the People petitions program.
Growth Marketing Lead
- Grow users in ways that stays true to company’s core values around ethical tech.
- Run sitewide experiments, analyze user cohorts, and drive product decisions that acquire and retain users.
- Develop creative sites and initiatives that drive user growth with humor, activism, and cultural relevance.
Deputy Digital Director
November 2017—February 2019
- Managed ten-person team within ACLU Communications unit. Managed $7.6 million departmental budget.
- Partnered with the Analytics team to experiment and analyze across platforms to build a data-driven culture. Grew email list by 30%, and took SMS list from 30,000 to 200,000 in six months.
- Led the ACLU’s largest-ever online voter engagement program for 2018 midterms, working alongside Product, Political, and Analytics teams. Oversaw $2.1 million advertising budget.
February 2015—November 2017
- Led digital advocacy and communications consulting projects. Coordinated digital, communications, and data teams for nonprofits, political campaigns, and Fortune 50 companies t0 strengthen client positioning.
- Oversaw three cross-functional client teams at any given time. Responsible for ensuring effective campaigns that came within budget, were delivered on-time, and advanced client goals.
The White House
Deputy Director of Email and Petitions
September 2011—January 2015
- Ran campaigns to amplify White House priority initiatives online.
- Product manager for 16-million-user petitions platform We the People that drove half of all WhiteHouse.gov monthly traffic. Developed official policy responses resulting in public support for net neutrality.
- Worked across departments to help maximize the White House’s Salesforce CRM and email marketing tool implementation.
- Led email marketing to 4 million subscribers. Wrote emails on behalf of President Obama and Vice President Biden. Doubled the email list size.
- Optimized UX for WhiteHouse.gov, email, and social platforms through A/B testing, analytics tracking, and user feedback sessions to improve online engagement with the public.
University of Rochester
August 2007—May 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Religion (cum laude, high distinction)
- Honors: Dean’s List (2007 – 2011), Theta Alpha Kappa Honor Society, Rush Rhees Grant